Folks Letting Me Blather

I've known Greta Boris:

     For more then five years now but not as many as ten years, I think, ever since she joined the OC Fictionaires, the writing group that I've been a member of for something like twenty years. She writes mostly mystery novels, some of which are pretty funny, some of which are pretty suspenseful, and some of which are pretty much both at the same time. She and another author, Megan Haskell, also run a website called The Author Wheel where they do podcasts and offer writing courses and share their experiences with the wide world of publishing. As they put, "We've made the mistakes so you don't have to!"

     As part of their podcast series, they wanted to talk about the value of critique groups, so Greta asked me if I'd be willing to make various noises on that topic. I agreed, and the episode they put together from our conversation, "Staying True to Your Creativity With Mike Payne," is now available for your dining and dancing pleasure on the Lido Deck.

     Or rather it's available on their website at the link above. I don't know where that "dining and dancing" stuff came from...

     My internet connection only blew out once during the recording session, and I haven't actually listened to it myself since I was there at the time and vaguely recall more or less what I said. But now you can listen, and we can all vaguely recall the whole thing together!

                              Mike

Comments

  1. quite a fine bunch of blather if you ask me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well:

      I'm all about the blather, really...

      Mike

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Scent's Assent