A Space Opera Poem

     For those of you who maybe haven't been getting enough of my wacky rhymes with all the assorted falderal sloshing about in my Plague Year Poems, well, here's another one you can look at!

     It started out life as something written over 48 hours for one of the poetry contests on the Writeoff site last November where it won 1st place. I then reworked it, cleaned it up, and submitted it to John Mannone at Silver Blade: he's been really supportive of my stuff--this is the fifth of my poems they've published--and they pay pretty good for poetry, too.

     This current one's called "The Wreck of the Vigilance," and any resemblance to "The Wreck of the Hesperus" is, I assure you, purely coincidental.

     I mean, seriously. Had this Longfellow guy ever heard of keeping to a proper rhyme-n-rhythm scheme? That Hersperus thing's totally all over the map!

                    Mike

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Scent's Assent

Folks Letting Me Blather