Another Poem & Two Short Stories

This is the week, apparently:

     When all my stuff is coming out. Or at least the week when I'm noticing that all my stuff is coming out...

     The poem and one of the short stories mentioned in the title of this blog post can be found in vol.3, no.1 of the magazine Journ-E: The Journal of Imaginative Literature. Clicking on the big image of the cover there will take you over to the page on Amazon where the thing's for sale.

     This is the latest issue of the same magazine I blogged about last year when they published my story called "The Queen of the Mushrooms." The current story, called "Lion Eyes," is more or a traditional sword and sorcery sort of a thing with a warrior woman and a talking crow trying to track down a mad wizard. I wrote it at least thirty years ago, I think, and haven't been able to sell it to anyone this whole time.

     Well, no, that's not exactly true. I sold it to a magazine maybe fifteen years ago, but they went out of business before they could do anything more than send me some editorial suggestions. I took those suggestions, I'm pretty sure, so thanks to whoever that was...

     The poem, then, is a triolet based in the many-worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics. 'Cause what else would a person write poetry about?

     The second story is in an anthology of fantasy detective stories called Tales of Mystery: Dead for a Spell from Inklings Press. Again, click on the big cover image to visit the Amazon page where the book's for sale.

     This story, called "The Affairs of Wizards," is another one I wrote decades ago but couldn't sell to anyone. It has a first-person, hard-boiled private-eye who gets involved with a squirrel accountant whose nut bank has been robbed.

     See? I can get talking animal characters into anything!

     It certainly has been a jam-packed April. Good thing I like jam!

                                             Mike

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Scent's Assent

Folks Letting Me Blather