An Upcoming Poetry Reading

Next month:

     I'll be taking part in another online poetry reading.

     It's the third one I've been involved with, now that I think about it, and the second one put together by Akua Lezli Hope as part of her "Speculative Sundays" series. Who would've thought it possible?

     For those of you who may be wondering what you're in for, here's a link to the YouTube video of the first "Speculative Sunday" program I flailed my way through. I can promise more flailing in this upcoming second appearance, of course, and two more poems, I think, from my first collection, Two Strikes and I'm Out, available from the folks at Island of Wak-Wak. I'll probably even read the introductory poem from my second collection, Albatrossed, soon to be available from those same folks.

     Since I've got about 20 minutes to fill, though, I'm pretty certain I'll read a few more things as well. I'm planning on closing, for instance, with the two poems I sold over the years to the late David Kopaska-Merkel for his magazine Dreams & Nightmares, and it seems likely I'll haul out "Chant of the Insect Queen," too. Because who wouldn't?

                                                                                          Mike

Comments

Popular posts from this blog